Tuesday, July 8, 2008

For Marissa

This post is dedicated to Marissa who is home recovering!! Hope you are feeling better!!! And I doubt this will help your boredom,LOL!!!

Last week Anna and I went to visit my friend Julia and her new baby,Jaidan. This is Julia's 4th child and Anna and her daughter Jordan are great friends. Unfortunately they live in Oxford so we don't get to visit as often as we would like to. We went around 11 and the kids played for awhile then we all went outside to take a swim in the pool. After lots of pool fun we came in and ate lunch. About 3 I told Anna it was time to go and she wanted Jordan to come over. Since Jordan's dad was working by our house, I loaded her up and brought her home so the girls could play for a few more hours. They had a great time and were both sad when I had to take Jordan to her dad. All that time they spent together and they didn't argue once!! It's so great that my friends and I have kids that get along so well and love each other. We are very lucky!!

I can't remember the exact day, my brain is fried these days! But my mom and cousin Alexandra came over to visit and we all went to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch and then did some window shopping. Anna adores her "cool" big cousin and it was nice for us to have some girl time together! I wish she lived closer so we could spend more time together.

On the 4th, Anna went with her dad to a cousins' house for a pool party. I decided to stay home and enjoy the silence. It was very nice to get a break! It was also nice to actually get to watch whatever I wanted on TV, that almost never happens! Saturday Randy went up north and Anna had Grandma and Grandpa over for a BBQ. It was lots of fun! Sunday Anna and I went to see Kung Fu Panda and then walked around Partridge Creek for a bit and hit Starbucks too!

This week Anna has VBS and she's really enjoying it. She goes from 9-12 each day and is having a blast. This years theme is Power Lab so lots of experiments and other fun stuff. She has a really sweet group leader named Miss Abby. The church does an amazing job and they have well over 100 kids this year!! She is also collecting penny's. They are having a penny war betweeen the girls and boys to see who can collect the most. The money will go to help building churches across the country.

Tomorrow my mom is coming by and after we pick up Anna from VBS we will do lunch and some shopping. She also is going today to our fave Mexican place to get us a couple dozen tamales. YUMMO!!! they are my fave food and I can't wait to eat them!!

So that's it in a nutshell. Sorry I haven't been a good blogger lately. I promise all of you and especially Marissa that I will indeed try to do better!!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

YAY!!! A blog entry from Jennifer!!

When you told me you blogged this morning just for me, I didn't realize my name would actually make it into the entry. LOL!! You really did blog just for me. ROFL.

Sounds like you're having a busy, but very fun, summer. You are SO right about how good it feels when your kids pick up friends that they just click with, no fighting, no bickering, just enjoy one another. It feels goooood - and you're far more apt to offer up playdates when the kids get along that well!

Thanks for the entry - now try to keep up with updates more often! :)