Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Official!

Anna is an elementary school student!! Today was her first day of Kindergarten and she did awesome! She's in the afternoon class, so for four hours she asked me if it was time to go yet,lol! Finally it was and we waited outside the classroom for her teacher to let us in.
Photobucket


After her teacher greeted each student we had to find Anna's name on the desk and attached was a scavanger hunt for her and I. Basically it was fun way to help the kids learn where things were. The last thing was to hug your mom good bye and sit in the circle. She was so excited to get started and I know she didn't even miss me.
Photobucket

After, the moms headed to the Media Center for "Tissue and Tears" reception put on by the PTO. The PTO ladies seemed very nice and I look forward to getting involved. I didn't see anyone crying either, which kind of surprised me. Anna was so confident and ready that I felt great leaving her.

After school she informed me that she loved her teacher and it was so fun, they even have art class she said. She also told me that she would be riding the bus to school tomorrow as she didn't need her mom to take her to school. I'm a little sad that she didn't want me to take her a few more days, but also glad that she is so sure of herself and going to school. I'm very proud of her and still can't believe she's already in school, it's just crazy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing. Shocking. Exciting and sad. She looks completely at ease and very happy. I'm SURE she'll do great!!!