Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Deck the Halls

Last week after lots of begging I broke down and put up the tree and other decorations. I really wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving but Anna had other ideas. So it's beginning to look alot like Christmas around here! We still have a few more things left to do but it's mostly done and ready for Santa.

I also got my Christmas cards done and in the mail, got all the early December b-day cards mailed and even have a few gifts bought. I was going to wrap them, but haven't decided exactly what's from Santa yet and he has special paper. It feels great to be a little ahead of the game, but I am sure in a few weeks I'll be feeling behind again!

On Friday we went to the Kris Kringle Market in Rochester, it's an outdoor German type market w/ greenery and other Christmas stuff and yummy food. We had a great time except for the part where I discovered that I lost my cell phone-UGH!! Luckily when we called it the person who found it answered and ttold me where I could pick it up. You'll never guess where I lost it- the BEER TENT- LOL!!! I swear I only had one glass of hot spiced wine which I even shared with my mom! Speaking of the hot spiced wine, it was super yummy, I need to figure out how to make it! Anyway I got it back and on our trip to pick it up Dasher, you know Santa's Reindeer, had shown up at the market and Anna was excited she got to see him.

I have just one more thing to add- I HATE the cold!! Snow is okay, I can deal with it, but this freezing cold crap is for the birds, well actually it's not since the birds are smart enough to leave!! Is it Spring yet???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're getting ready!! Can't wait to see you Saturday.

Christine said...

Awesome! Now can you pass some of that Holiday spirit this way.