Anna has learned to tie her shoes!!! WOOHOO!!! She is very proud of herself and I am so happy that saga is over! I ended up signing her up for free shoe tying class at a local kids shoe store and it was exactly what she needed- someone other than her Mom or Dad showing her. She didn't get as mad or frustrated with them and the fact that the girl told her she would get a lipgloss if she did it, certainly didn't hurt either! They also gave her a diploma and a coupon off her first tie shoe purchase.
Another thing that's going well is Soccer. She's had a few goals and assists so far this spring and is doing really good-when she pays attention. She seems to have a short attention span lately, but when we keep on her about paying attention she does really well.
Dance is going okay. She has a very large class and the majority of the kids are 8, so Anna is by far the youngest and smallest. And the dance is a little hard, so she's not enjoying as much as we had hoped. She likes it but isn't super excited like she normally is for dance. Recital is on the 21st of this month. So even though she is certainly not going to be the best dancer , she'll definitely be the cutest and that's what really matters, right? LOL!!!
Oh, I almost forgot. She made me some of the cutest Mother's Day gifts ever at school. First they painted us flower pots and planted a flower. Then they added flowers they made that have things written on them like clean up toys, give kisses,ect. So cute. Then they made butterflys with their handprints and a picture of their face as the butterfly head. Inside they wrote about why they loved there Moms. Anna loves me because I cook,LOL! She also likes that I kiss her alot too. ANd last but not least they cutout a teapot shape with a face and attached was a tea bag and cookies they made for us and this cute little poem:
Here's A Gift For Mother's Day
I'll try my best in every way.
But when you get upset with me,
Relax and have a pot of tea.
Anna also added an " I Love You Mom" to hers. Just too cute! And she kept it all a secret from me too, which is so hard for her.
That's our latest Anna update. I hope everyone has a fantastic Mother's Day!!
2 comments:
Way to go Anna on tying your shoes!!!!!!!! And as for the Mothers Day card, hang on to it you will love seeing it in several years. Love Mom K.
Aren't those surprise mother's day gifts great?
Post a Comment