It's official we are on Summer Vacation-WOOHOO!!! And I am a mom to a First Grader, how did that happen? Alot has happened and I will try to bring you all up to date.
On Monday Anna graduated from Kindergarten. They had a really cute concert and then after we had a big party and lunch celebration. Grandma,Grandpa,and Aunt Anne all joined Randy and I to watch the festivities. She was very excited to see everyone there. After school Aunt Anne joined us for a cookie from the Nestle Cafe and some yummy Starbucks. All good celebrations should include Starbucks,ya know!
On Tuesday Anna's teacher sent home a video made of pictures of the entire year set to music. It was so fun too see how they've grown and all the fun stuff they did. She had a really sweet message for the parents and students at the end as well. It was a great gift!
Wednesday was her last day and I came for the last 45 minutes of class with loys of yummy popsicles. We all ate popsicles together and talked about all the fun stuff everyone was going to do over the summer. I helped her teacher get them ready and then we all said our good byes. It was so cute to see them all hugging and signing each others yearbooks. She had a really great class this year and we miss all our friends.
We are also starting to get ready to move. The closing finally happened and we can now get in and start the demolition process,LOL! The house was a forclosed house that had been vacant for a super long time and neglected before that. So needless to say it needs a major cleaning, all new paint and some other things before we can move in. Right now it sems very overwhelming but I am sure once we get going it will be much better. I cleaned out some of the weds yesterday and found some really nice rose bushes that just need some TLC. That looks better already! I am not looking forward to painting an entire house, I loathe painting. But what I hate even more is packing. I am NEVER moving again and if I do I am leaving all my stuff behind,LOL!
The whole process of trying to pack one house and redo another at the same time is already stressing me out, so I hope I make it to July with all my hair and having not murdered someone! Luckily I have great parents and family who are helping out so much. We could never do this without all their help and support. THANK YOU!! And I hope my hubby still loves me after all this too, just remember: HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!
4 comments:
I completely understand your pain and frustration!! 2 years ago we closed on our house on June 15th and it wasn't until August that we were able to live in it. Chaos!!
I hope it goes quickly. GOOD LUCK!
Congrats!!! I didn't know you were moving. Take one day at a time and it will all come together!
I had no idea you were moving either! Where are you moving to? Did you get a bigger home? I know things can get overwhelming but just relax and take a deep breath! Let me know if you ever need Anna to come over for a playdate!
Yay for new houses! Let me know if there is anything that you need help with. I can't say that I will be able to do everything, but I sure will try! :)
And dude. SInce when do we have freaking first graders?? STOP GROWING! Just for a freaking minute!
Post a Comment