Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tamales,veggies and butterflies

I LOVE Tamales!! My mom was kind enough to run to Mi Pueblo restaurant and get me 2 dozen of them!! I ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! I can't wait to get some more, I think I need to buy at least 4 dozen next time. I am pretty sure that if I could only have 2 things in the world it would be a cafe mocha from Starbucks and tamales,they are my two fave things!

This week Anna had VBS and the theme was Power Lab. She had an absolute fabulous time, adored her crew leader Abby and can't wait to go back next year. She was also happy that the girls won the penny war by about 26 lbs!!! I am sure that the 10 lbs that Grandpa gave Anna certainly helped, she was very excited when her shoe box full of grandpa's pennies made the jar over flow and they had to get another.

This morning we got up and went to the Family Christian store for a Veggie Tales event. Anna's friend Amanda along with her mom my friend Christy, joined us as well. The girls really enjoyed the new video and both were given a 3,2,1 Penguins video to take home.

Next Anna and I made our way to the Nature Center to donate some books for the book sale and drop off some pinecones for craft projects. It turned out to be Butterfly Day and they had some openings and since it started to pour rain we decided to stay and play. They had lots of crafts related to butterflys and Anna ended up doing 5 different ones, they even had butterfly cookies to decorate and then eat, of course that was her favorite. They also had some buttterflies an catepillars to look at as well as all the regular animals they have. It was more than the worth the 2 bucks they charged!

Then we came home to find a surprise waiting for Anna- her dad had brought her cousin Olivia over for a visit. After eating lunch, having some ice cream and doing some playing, I took the girls to lakeshore Learning to do a make a school bag craft and look around. After doing their bags and picking out a new puzzle we took Olivia home.

It certainly was a busy day but it was tons of fun! I look forward to sitting down and watching the NASCAR race tonight. Tomorrow we are going to Grandma's to check out the stray kittens she rescued.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've been busy!!! Hope to catch up with you in real life very soon.

Marissa said...

what a busy FUN day!!!!