Where to begin! On Friday night Anna went with her Dad to pick up some firewood and go to his cousins to finally get her b-day present. A little while later Randy calls to tell me she got bit by a dog!!! Apparently the firewood guy had a dog and he said it was friendly and she had been playing with it for awhile when it bit her ear! She says he didn't growl or anything so my best guess is he got too rough while he played with her and may have to tried to grab her coat or winter hat and got her ear instead. He told me it wasn't that bad and they would be home soon. Of course when they arrived home, it looked awful to me and she didn't want us to touch it all. We had to bribe her w/ a new Wii game just to get the earring out. So I did the best cleaning job I could. She was happy though that she got her b-day gift and it was a great Ariel mermaid doll that sings and lights up and stuff.
Saturday was my b-day so we got up and went to get Anna's Wii game. She decided on a Catz 2 game and we also ran some other errands as well. We then stopped by my friend Julia's office to get some voodoo medicine to ward off all the bacteria from Anna's dog bite. Later my mom came by with my fave cake and homemade mannicotti. My Aunt Anne also ended up stopping by so it was nice to eat and visit. I had also made an enchilada casserole so we had tons of food! They even brought me some nice gifts too!!
Sunday I got up early to get a Wii Fit from Best Buy that Randy was buying for b-day and Christmas. They had a ton of them so it was quick and painless! Buying it was painless, however getting on it and having it tell you how awfully fat you are , not so much! I have a long year ahead of me for that. UGH!
On Sunday I was also able to bribe Anna, with some small Chritmas gifts, to let me really clean off her ear and get all the caked on gunk off. Once it was really clean I was able to see it wasn't so bad and I think the earring did the most damage. It's now healing very nicely. Re-piercing that ear is going to be fun though, but that's a battle for another day!
Monday my friends Christy and Julia planned a nice lunch at Julia's office to celebrate my birthday. They got me yummy Da Francescos food and even had "real" plates and candlight and everything. It was so nice to sit and chat and enjoy a nice lunch with friends. And the cake was AMAZING! I think I am ordering one for Chritmas it was so good. It was some type of custard cake with fresh berries in the filling and on top. It was soooooooooo good. I was even nice enough to bring some home to Randy and he even said how good it was. I am so lucky to have such wonderful and thoughtful friends!
After I was stuffed, I picked Anna up from school and she went to try out a new Hip Hop dance class to decide if she wanted to do that or ice skating. She had been really stuck on ice skating but she doesn't like the idea of falling down so I didn't want to fork out all that cash for her to tell me she doesn't like it. After we did a dancing w/ Santa thing a few weeks back she's been asking to go back to dancing. After lots of discussion about what kind and where. We settled on Hip Hop at a family friends new dance studio. I was surprised to see how many kids were in the class, at least 10, boys and girls equally. She went in and 45 minutes later she came out so excited. I asked her if it was fun and she said" no Mom, it was super fun forget ice skating" LOL!!! She wanted to know when the next class was and if she could sign up. So come January we are back to dancing. The bonus is the studio is next door to Trader Joe's and across the street from the Village of Rochester so I have something to do while she's at class too!
So that's the last few days in a nutshell. Hope everyone is well and staying warm! I will try to update again soon,but we are so busy with getting ready for Christmas and school events that I keep getting sidetracked. Sorry!
3 comments:
Sounds like you've been BUSY!!! Glad to hear all is going well and you had such a great bday. Sorry I missed it. *bad, Ellisa*
I hope to see you soon.
Happy B-Day: Mannicotti is my favorite !!!!!! Hope the ear is doing better.Take Care Love Mom K
Oh No, Poor Anna. Glad to hear it was not worse than it was. Happy, Belated Birthday! Glad you had a great one!
Post a Comment