We are making some progress at the new house. I have almost all the walls scrubbed, although some you can't tell- that's how dirty they were. And two rooms are almost totally primed. Windows are being ordered this evening(hopefully). New hot water tank is installed and working-HOORAY! So even though it's going slower than I would like, at least I am seeing progress.
I could really kick myself though for not taking before pictures, the difference already is amazing. It really is amazing how a little soap, water and a TON of elbow grease really makes a difference. I cannot wait to get new paint on the walls, it's going to be like night and day.
We have also met the neighbor cat. She/he is a very cute gray and white kitty. It's also a good mouser or in our case a good chipmunk catcher. We have a bunch of chipmunks living in our yard and yesterday the cat stopped by with one. Of course Anna was there too and as I was trying to figure out a good way to explain nature to her and how cats "hunt" when she said the funniest thing. She said "well at least I finally got to see the chipmunk up close" LOL!!! I almost fell over. She did ask some questions about what the cat would do with it, and she said "poor chipmunk" but she seems to have the whole nature thing figured out and wasn't too upset. I'm glad because she's usually very emotional and will cry at ALL Disney movies and sad scenes. And if any friend of hers cries she cries too becasue she is sad for them. So I guess having a father who hunts and brings home dead stuff came in handy for once.
1 comment:
glad to hear about the house.
lol...Anna's pretty smart. At least she saw the positive in the situation.
I fixed the link on my post. Check out the pics when you get time.
Post a Comment