Friday, May 30, 2008

Addiction





I have one to Starbucks. I know most of my friends are laughing right now because I am sure they already knew this. And really so did I, but today it became more of a reality.


Today I ordered my usual coffee delight and pulled up to the window, paid and received my coffee. As the girl handed me my drink I realized that my name was written on the cup. No big deal you may think as they often ask what your name is and put it on the cup. However, they never did ask me my name this particular visit, yet they still knew it was me. Part of me thinks wow, what awesome employees to remember little ole me and the other part thinks how sad. I really am addicted.


The worst part of all this is that I have really,really cut back. Over a year ago I was an everyday visitor, then gas prices rose, I got my own cool coffee machine and I cut way back. Now I visit maybe 2 times a week, sometimes even less. Yet they still know me.


I think I'll just stay in denial and tell myself they only know my name because I am so awesome and unforgettable. Yeah, that's right, unforgettable me!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh honey. you are unforgettable. partially because of your addiction to Starbucks. LOL. Glad you got your fix though.

Marissa said...

I think you're totally unforgettable!! That must be it. Just go with it and be flattered they know you -- it'll be like Cheers. :)

The lady at the mcdonalds drive thru knows me & always says, "its friday!" since i take W there every friday after school (i suck) i'll admit, it is a little embarrasing. LOL