Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduation, Graduation


Graduation day is here. Or it was here. Yesterday was Anna's preschool graduation. She was so excited and couldn't wait! It was evening so she must have asked me a thousand times if it was time to get her dress on and go,LOL!! Finally her Dad came home and we were out the door. Grandma,Grandpa and her cousin Justin were meeting us there.

The ceremony was held in the church and the teacher's gave a little welcome speech. Then they introduced the graduates one by one and had them come up to the front of the church. They had asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and as each child came up they told us what the kids said. It was very cute and often times very funny. Anna said she wanted to be an animal doctor and a singer. Next the kids sang us some songs that they had been practicing. It was very cute.

Then they had a video presentation of the year in pictures set to music. It was so cute and sweet and her one teacher obviously put alot of time into putting it together. They even gave each family a copy of the DVD to keep. Then a surprise guest showed up and it was Rosco the Clown! He led the kids out of church and into the other room for a magic show and they LOVED it!! They also had a little reception set up with snacks and drinks for everyone who came.

I'm really going to miss her school. They were amazing in so many ways and I am so glad Anna had such a great preschool experience in such caring and creative environment.

After we got in the car Anna said it was "the best day of her life" and it certainly was a really special night!!!

5 comments:

Lorene said...

I wanna cry! What a sweet close to a great year! I am so proud of Anna! Yet, I am so sad that our "babies" have breezed thru preschool and are heading to Kindergarten. What a bittersweet moment- but Yay Anna! I wonder where she came up with the animal doctor?? Hmmmmmm.....:)

Brightside said...

Wow, that is a really cool graduation!

Unknown said...

So very very sweet. I'm so gald she had a great year. You really did make the right choice in sending her there. Hurray for the graduation and for the summer. And "here we come, Kindergarten!!" Many exciting years ahead of us.

Lauren said...

Aww so bittersweet!! Congrats Anna!!! Have fun in Kindg!!!

Tiffany said...

goodness, I can't believe how big she is