Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fishing Derby

Many of you know my dislike for fishing since it consumes so much of my husbands time and money that isn't being spent on hunting, my other dislike. But that's a whole other blog,LOL!! So you will probably be surprised to learn that I spent yesterday morning out in the heat fishing! Yep, you read that right I was fishing.

Yesterday was our town's 22nd Annual Youth Fishing Derby. It's a really nice family event and Anna was super excited to be going. I had planned to sleep in and enjoy some peace and quiet but her and her Dad convinced me to come along. And looking back I am really glad I did.

First Randy got up extra early to pick up his cousins 2 kids, Jon and Emily, and to secure us a primo fishing spot. The competition started at 8 so Anna and I arrived about 7:45. Then Randy's other cousin and his daughter Olivia arrived shortly after. Anna was the first of our group to catch a fish, it was 8 3/4 inches and she at the end she was just a little short of placing. They did take her picture and video tape her too. So we see in her the local paper or on local TV! Of course this is when I realized I forgot my camera, of course! Next was Emily who's fish was 8 7/8 and then Olivia got an 8 1/2 inches. Poor Jon the oldest and only boy didn't catch a single thing. I guess he taught his sister too well, she ended up beating him in the casting contest as well.

The event ended at 11 and we packed up and Anna went home. Olivia ended up coming over to our house for the afternoon and the girls swam and played and had a blast.

It turned out to be a really fun day and we all can't wait to go next year. Anna is determined to win next year and based on this years results she has a really great chance. And at least she really likes fishing, her dad would be sad is she didn't.

Now I need to start packing since we leave for Michigan Adventures on Tuesday. So much excitement already and the summer has just begun!

And one more thing: YAY REDWINGS!!! STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Anna did well and had fun! Bummer about the camera!!!

Enjoy your trip! I'll miss you :(

Marissa said...

Yay fishing! ...I think. LOL!

:) GO ANNA!