Thursday, March 27, 2008

Smash Bros. Brawl

No I'm not talking about the hot new video game, I'm talking about my hubby and his family. First, let me say I love my husband dearly but, let's be honest, he's a hillbilly. Sad, but true. And in true hillbilly fashion all the cousins hang together and fish together. The other day my husband went to meet another cousin on his lunch hour for a little fishing. Apparently before he arrived his cousin got into an argument with another fisherman about how close they were to each other. Boys are so silly. As my husband was getting ready to return to work, the other guy came over with a big stick and started to swing at his cousin and in true hillbilly fashion a brawl began. My hubby is big on choke holds and so it was, I am sure with great pleasure,that he snuck up on the guy and put him in a choke hold. Another cousin was on the scene ( yes there are many of them, they are hillbillies remember?) made my husband stop. So he lets go and walks away. The funny part was the guy never saw him and thinks the other cousin is the one who got him,lol! And the stick was not the big, I saw it. Although I am sure it would have hurt if you got knocked upside the head! I'm guessing they need to find a new fishing hole.

Events like these, while very entertaining, make me happy to have a girl. Hopefully she can find a better solution to confrontations she will encounter and I guess if not she has been trained in the art of choke holds,LOL!! I'm pretty sure if she had been there that she would have told them all how silly they were and that they need to share and be friends. 4 year olds are smart and in this case much smarter than the boys at the fishing hole.

One more thing to share, one of my new fave songs. I love it and here it is for you all to enjoy:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29864771

4 comments:

Lorene said...

Dude. Thats funny. Real funny! I am a self proclaimed hillbilly so I myself enjoy stories like that. :) Thanks for the giggle.

Unknown said...

Yes. Four year olds are smarter than most grown men. That's because they still listen to their mothers!!!

Jessica said...

I definitely giggled.

Marissa said...

great story! i'd DIE if my hubby ever put anyone in a choke hold. hell, i think he'd die too. LOL!