Friday, August 15, 2008

Recycle

I've been recycling for quite sometime and am fortunate that our city offers curbside recycling, however up until July 1st what we could recycle was limited so I couldn't recycle as much as I wanted.

Starting July 1st a new recyling plan was implemented and we could now recycle just about everything and it is awesome!! I have gone from 1 container to 2 and may have to add another one. And my regualr garbage has been reduced to about 3 bags and even those aren't always filled they get stinky before I can fill them.

It's so great to be able to make such a big difference and it's also been great for Anna. She loves getting the stuff into the right bin and talks about keeping the earth clean and healthy. Hopefully her generation can do better than the previous ones have and there is still hope for a healthy planet.

If you aren't recycling shame on you, it's easy and cost effective and makes a HUGE difference!! So get out that container and start recycling!

3 comments:

Brightside said...

Amen! We need to be good stewards of our planet.

Lorene said...

I agree. It's EASY. Even for those who aren't fortunate enough to have curbside. It's a fun game for us to load up, drive to the recycling center, and put all our stuff where it belongs. The girls love it and don't even realize the valuable lesson I am teaching them! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

I'm so very very jealous!!!!