Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun!!









Saturday I realized that my little girl is getting bigger everyday and just way too fast. First, we went to see the Easter Bunny. In the past she would never have agreed to be in the same room with him, let alone take a picture. But not this time. It was her idea and she marched right in and climbed up on that bunny's lap and smiled her best smile. She was so excited and quick to point out to me, that she was indeed gettting bigger and braver.*sigh*






Next we went to her friend Jordan's 4th b-day party at Libby Lu's. If you've never been to Libby Lu's it's a little girl paradise. Lots and lots of girly stuff, Hanna Montana, and they do makeovers! So for the party she chose a "Celebrity DJ" makeover. Got her hair, nails and make- up done and loved every single minute of it!! She sat so still and was so serious while they glammed her up. And then all of sudden my 4 year old was 15!!!! Well at least her attitude was, LOL!!



Next we walked over to Starbucks. Along the way people commented on how cute she looked and she was loving it. She walked into Starbucks picked out her organic chocolate milk and sat it on the counter like an old pro. It brought back memories of her sitting in her stroller in that very same coffee shop where she now acted like she owned the joint. Oh my, what a difference a few short years can make. We then picked a window seat where we discussed the days events. It was a bittersweet moment. I missed the little baby girl in the stroller but I was so proud of the little girl I was having a "big kid" conversation with.



And now in less than a month we have kindergarten roundup and I cannot believe she will be going to kindergarten in the fall. It always seemed so far away and now here it is just a summer vacation away!! I know she'll love it and what a great new adventure for us to begin.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Those moments ARE so very bittersweet.

I always tell my Weena that she needs to stay small forever and she always comments back "silly mommy"...

If they only knew!

Unknown said...

How very sad and so very exciting. It's a new chapter in their lives...and ours. I wrote a bit about kindergarten tonight in my blog...it must be consuming our thoughts lately, huh?

Lorene said...

Anna looks so grown up in those pics! What a beautiful little lady.

And um. Yeah. Pity party at my house the first day of school. We'll drown our sorrows in beer or chocolate...something.

Tiffany said...

oh my GOODNESS how cute is she!

Lauren said...

She sure is a cutie!!! She's sure has grownup!!